Parent & Guardian Annual Notice
Corporal Punishment, Restraint,
and Physical Confinement and Detention
State law forbids school employees from using corporal punishment against any student. Certain actions by school employees are not considered corporal punishment. Additionally, school employees may use “reasonable and necessary force, not designed or intended to cause pain” to do certain things, such as prevent harm to persons or property.
State law also places limits on school employees’ abilities to restrain or confine and detain any student. The law limits why, how, where, and for how long a school employee may restrain or confine and detain a child. If a child is restrained or confined and detained, the school must maintain documentation and must provide certain types of notice to the child’s parent.
If you have any questions about this state law, please contact your school.
Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
The Tipton Community School District does not discriminate in its educational programs and activities on the basis of a student's disability. It has been determined that your child has a qualifying disability for which accommodations may need to be made to meet his or her individual needs as adequately as the needs of other students.
The Tipton Community School District offers career and technical programs in the following service areas:
Family and Consumer Science
Project Lead the Way
It is the policy of the Tipton Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices.
There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination.
If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact:
400 E 6th St
Tipton, IA 52772
Student and Parental Rights
The Tipton Community School District does not discriminate in its educational programs and activities on the basis of a student’s disability. It has been determined that your child has a qualifying disability for which related services and aids need to be provided to meet his or her individual needs as adequately as the needs of other students. As a parent, you have the right to the following:
(1) Participation of your child in school district programs and activities, including extracurricular programs and activities, to the maximum extent appropriate, free of discrimination based upon the student’s disability and at the same level as students without disabilities;
(2) Receipt of free educational services to the extent they are provided to students without disabilities;
(3) Receipt of information about your child and your child’s educational programs and activities in your native language;
(4) Notice of identification of your child as having a qualifying disability for which accommodations may need to be made and notice prior to evaluation and placement of your child and right to periodically request a re-evaluation of your child;
(5) Inspect and review your child’s educational records including a right to copy those records for a reasonable fee; you also have a right to ask the school district to amend your child’s educational records if you feel the information in the records is misleading or inaccurate; should the school district refuse to amend the records, you have a right to a hearing and to place an explanatory letter in your child’s file explaining why you feel the records are misleading or inaccurate;
(6) Hearing before an impartial hearing officer if you disagree with your child’s evaluation or placement; you have a right to counsel at the hearing and have the decision of the impartial hearing officer reviewed.
Inquiries concerning the school district’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 or Iowa Code § 280.3 should be directed to the coordinator for the district’s efforts to comply with the regulations:
400 E. 6th Street
Tipton, IA 52772